Wednesday 9 March 2011

Weird Shit

Okay, you know what... I'll start with the beginning.

My friends say that I'm a bit too trusting.

Last summer, I had a biking accident where I sprained (or fractured--I'm not really sure) my elbow. So it was pretty difficult to lift my bike into an upright position when my elbow was screaming in pain (I couldn't move my arm at all), and I was bleeding from a small injury on my head, and wrist, as well as the scrapes on my arms that came from contact with the cement. A piece of my tooth had also broken off.

This nice guy driving by offered to take me to the hospital and have me checked out, and drive my bike there, as well. He was a stranger. But he was nice, so I accepted.
I know what you're thinking, but it didn't happen.
He drove me to the hospital (and then drove off).
The end.

So, when I told my friends this story of how I came to have a cast (that they all signed), they were all (naturally) horrified. I promised them that I would never get into another stranger's car willingly again.
(I didn't tell them of the other time, before the hospital--but he was nice, too).

Then, yesterday, it happened again, when I was coming home from night school.
So I was standing there at the bus stop, all by myself, waiting (for what seemed like hours) for the bus, at 10:30 in the night, when this guy drives by. He sees me waiting, and says (approximately--I don't have photographic memory), "Hey, I'm going the same way. Do you want a ride?"
So, remembering the promise I made to my friends, I declined. He asked me if I was sure, 'cause it was a free ride.
Now, here's the thing. He wasn't driving an ordinary car. It was a rental limousine. He looked like he rented the limousine all the time. I had to decline again, but, all the while, I was thinking, "I could be riding in a limousine! For free!"
Sigh. So he drove off when the light went green--and I didn't get to ride in a limousine.

This is the third time it happened! I don't know what is going on, but it's weird. Do guys just do that all the time? "Oh, look, there's some helpless-looking female. I think I'll go see if she needs my help--for free."
I know my friend has sort of the same problem (what with guys accosting her on the streets all the time), but I thought that was just an anomaly. It doesn't happen to normal girls, does it?

I don't know why this is happening... I don't want to say all the time, because it isn't, so I'll say, at a frequent occurance (relatively).
But it's cool. :D
And harmless--so long as I decline.

2 comments:

  1. i commented 2 times already and it wont upload
    =___=
    bastardly thing\anyway to summerize i said that limos are easy to conceal things in and taht no people dont pick you up unless you hitchhike

    ReplyDelete
  2. *APPLAUDS* Thank you, Arlia. For making my heart almost enter my throat there for a second when I thought you might've gotten in. Even though I know you're obviously in one piece this:
    ow, here's the thing. He wasn't driving an ordinary car. It was a rental limousine. He looked like he rented the limousine all the time. I had to decline again, but, all the while, I was thinking, "I could be riding in a limousine! For free!"
    Nearly had me in heart palpitations. But no matter...I am SO proud of you for doing that. For saying no to a possible good Samaritan, and instead coughing up a $2 fare. Sounds pretty ridiculous, but it is SO easy for people to kidnap you once you're in their car. They lock you in, drive you Gawd knows where, and then keep you tied up while forcing you to have sex with them. Or they kill you.
    There's a bunch of fucking weirdos out there and I just don't want anybody I know to be that girl on the news.
    Yeah. Parental Lecture Topic #471. I know.
    But I'm glad you passed it up. The limo tempts all of us poor folk. XD

    btw-You must have a face that attracts creepo--but legit--men in vehicles. I mean, I've never had someone actually pull over and ask if I wanted a ride. Except a taxi. Although one time this dude drove into my driveway behind me, and then just sat there smiling at me. Like I said, this city's full of fucking weirdos.

    ReplyDelete